Sunday, June 28, 2009

Baseball game, Parents weekend, testimonies....

Life at the LP is hectic!!! In the past 2 weeks, things have really started to pick up! Students are working 35- 40 hours a week, staff has had staff training all day most days, and we're all being challenged in so many ways!!! So, here's a snap shot of the past couple weeks-
*Every Friday night,the entire project goes to a social together! Last week, we went to a minor league baseball game- TIED together!! We were tied together with our rooms as a bonding, unifying experience- and I can tell you that we looked goofy and got asked so many times why we were all tied together! Imagine going to the bathroom and seeing 4 people standing outside a stall tied to the person in the stall! You werent allowed to untie yourself for any reason. To celebrate, we all went out for ice cream afterwards!

*This week, we talked about our testimonies, and worked through clarifying our stories so that we can better share them with others!  

*The theme talk for this week was huge: RELATIONSHIPS!!! It's one of my favorite talks, especially because I;ve struggled alot with relationships in high school and know how important it is to understand that the purpose of any relationship is to bring God glory and grow closer to Him! I could probably type for an hour about everything that I learned this week and all the great conversations I've had with students about it, but I will spare you that now and just say that as a young single woman, I'm so thankful for talks about that, that really push us to fight to find our worth in Jesus and not in anything else!

*This weekend is parents weekend!! One of my favorite weekends all summer, where parents get to experience a tiny bit of the LP for themselves, to see the heart and soul behind all that we do here at the Project, to ask questions, to be with their children. Family is so important, and I know God did big things this weekend as parents drove many hours to come see their children. We had an awesome meeting yesterday afternoon for all the parents, complete with a skit, talk, a bit of worship, Q&A time! 

*On a more personal level, how am I doing?
-my biggest challenge is resting, as this season is extremely intense for me coming off of raising my support
-I am learning SO MUCH !! at staff training we are talking about building a movement- that we as Campus Outreach want to move forward, we want to train up leaders, laborers who will impact this nation, even the world!
-I am reading abook called Teaching to Change Lives by Hendricks- it is teaching me so much about balancing my life, communication, how to model our teaching after christ!
One statement I love is "Teaching that impacts is not head to head, but heart to heart"
-I am leading 3 mature girls, who I know very well, especially one of them, who is like my best friend. It has been so encouraging and refreshing to be around them as we learn and grow together, pray together, and lead the Project!
-my partner this summer (the mens director) is Andrew Hawkins, just graduated from PC last year and is going on staff this fall like me. Its an awesome set up because Andrew (A Hawk is what we call him) is very mature and knows Gods word so well, he is an encouragement and pushes me to know God, to run to the Bible and not to any person!
-My sis is here with her husband, and you bet that I get to hang with her, but just a smidge. I love it though!
-please pray for me, that I would not trust in myself to lead this project as staff leave (all except for me and Andrew) this week!!!!!!
-I am so thankful that God is a faithful God, who knows me so well and has plans for me. He has a plan for you too, and wants us all to trust in Him ultimately!

No comments: