Sunday, July 19, 2009

Quick update!

If you havent been getting my emails, please email me so that I can add you to it!! I would love to send you them. My email is lowens773@gmail.com. Thanks to all of you who have been walking through this summer with me, in prayer and  by reading my updates!! I am so blessed to be here in Myrtle Beach, learning and growing along with the 88 students here!! 

What has been going on lately? 
the pictures I posted are from the 4th of July!! All of us went downtown to see a great firework show and have some time of fellowship together. 
We also had Sadie Hawkins, something the girls look forward to every year! The guys rooms perform an elaborate skit for the girls room, and girls get to pick who they want to go on a date with and plan it!!! It was great, the guys did an awesome job- from synchronized swimming to making up their own rap songs! I was fortunate enough to go on a date with Amy's room, she goes to Presbyterian!! We cooked dinner for the guys, then went out for ice cream and played scattergories!!

We only have 2 weeks left at the project....I cant believe it! It feels like we have only been here for a short while! I am so pumped about the last 2 weeks of project- we have been studying the book fo Romans, talking about suffering for CHrist, and tons of other things!! I will post newer pics very soon!!!! 
the Disciples are learning so much, tonight we talked about
-Do we want to please men, or please God?
-Do we seek to put Christ first in our lives?
-What are some things that are keeping us from knowing more of God? 

And alot more!!!

No comments: