Wednesday, April 20, 2011

pretending

I can pretend I have it all together.  I can pretend like I have all the answers, or if I just did xyz THEN everything would feel okay.

I have never in my life been more tempted to wear a mask as I am right now. To pretend I have all the answers to my problems, make people think I'm something I'm not.

Well, here goes the truth...I am weak. I so desperately want to solve my own puzzles with an answer from within myself, but the thing is, I know with all my head that Jesus is the answer. He's the One I've been searching for. I will find the answers in Him, and in surrendering.

I sincerely pray that God give me faith and trust and empty myself of anything I think I can add to the equation. And that I stop pretending and let myself be needy, because I am. And that it would move from my head to my heart.

No comments: