Thursday, August 4, 2011

the question of the day...

I've been reading a chapter of E.M. Bounds complete work on prayer every day. Prayer...I am really intrigued by it and have experienced so many answers to prayer personally over the past couple years that I am pushed to pray more and more. I do like to pray and talk with God and dont do it nearly enough. After I've laid my soul bare before the Lord, I immediately experience peace and rest, knowing the sovereign Lord has heard all my cries, and knowing that (hard truth) life is not about me but about Him, and about making me more like Him. Its about His will being done, and Him getting glory, for our joy.

So the question I'm thinking about is about faith...E.M. Bounds says the first thing we must have to pray is faith. We must "out of sheer helplessness, stretch forth hands of faith. He must believe, where he cannot prove." Faith hopes and believes. It TRUSTS.

As I have been thinking about my own trust issues with the Lord which are many, this question from ch. 2 has been on my mind: "Have I faith in God? Have I real faith- faith which keeps me in perfect peace, about the things of earth and the things of heaven?"

No comments: